Monday, February 06, 2006

Call for Panel Participants for AHA (American Historical Assn.) 2007: History as a Hobby

Call for Panel Participants for AHA (American Historical Assn.) 2007: History as a Hobby
Location: Georgia, United States

I am hoping to organize a panel that explores various aspects of doing history as a hobby from the 19th century until today. I am particularly, but not exclusively, interested in papers that trace the development of various aspects of history as a hobby over time and analyze its relationship to professional history. I am also interested in papers that reflect on the practice of history as a hobby today. My own work deals with the development of genealogy as a hobby.
If you are interested, please email me by February 12, 2006. A detailed panel proposal will need to be turned in by February 15, 2006.

Katharina Hering
George Mason University
khering@gmu.edu